Learn to Sew (3 weeks course)
Saturday 4th, 11th, 18th May 2024
11am – 1pm
Learn a new skill in 2024 – Want to Learn to Sew using a sewing machine but don’t know where to start?
Why not come along to the short, 3-week beginners Learn to Sew course to learn all the basics to get you started. It's a fun, relaxed course, where you’ll make new friends and learn a new rewarding skill with a sense of achievement.
Classes are a mixture of Tutor Demonstration and Practical Tasks. We go at a pace that is good for everyone. You learn a lot in 3 weeks. We practice all the skills so your confidence grows week on, week on. If you don't get something first time, I go over it so that you do.
The classes are very informative with Handouts to take home, so you'll be able to refer back and practise at home. I welcome questions.
All classes are kept small (just 8 students) to ensure you get the Attention, Support, Guidance and Advice needed. The classes get booked up quickly, so don't leave it until the last minute, otherwise you'll have to wait another month or so for the next course.
Booking is only via the website, using Paypal.
The course is suitable for both women, men and teens from ages 16-90.
Every work station/desk will have your own Mid-range Computerised Sewing machine. All equipment is provided.
Things you will Learn:
1. How to wind a bobbin
2. How to thread a sewing machine
3. Understand the correct sewing tension
4. Learn to sew a straight and zig-zag stitch
5. How to change the stitch lengths and widths
6. Sew around convex and concave curves and change direction
7. How to sew a seam
8. Different seam finishes
9. How to change the Presser foot and what the different presser feet are
10. How to change a needle and what the different needles are for
11. Sew a dart
12. Sew a zip in
13. Understand straight of grain/bias
14. Commercial sewing patterns
Sat 4/5/24 Learn to Sew 3 week course
Please send your email, mobile and address for joining information, map with directions and receipt.